Novak Djokovic: "I've just beaten the best player in the world"
The Serbian ace struggled to keep his emotions in check in his post-match interview after an epic, semi-final battle against Rafa Nadal which lasted over 5 hours.
Novak Djokovic was understandably emotional as he gave a post-match interview immediately after booking his place in Sunday's final. The Serbian had just edged a marathon battle with Rafa Nadal - a game which lasted 5 hours and 15 minutes spread over two days, with the fifth set ending 10-8. "It's difficult to find words", he said. "I've just beaten the best player in the world in one of the best games we have ever taken part in. The game we have just played was incredible. It was quite clear that there was very little to separate us, just small details. It was very even".
Anderson awaits in tomorrow's final
"When you end a game at 11pm on Friday, and are back out on court first thing the next morning, it's not easy. But I'm proud at how we ended the day. Kevin Anderson will have an extra day's rest, but this is the Wimbledon final and that's already a massive achievement for me - I have to enjoy it", Djokovic ended.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series