Sevilla fans set to boycott Tangiers Super Cup
The majority of the club's peñas/fan clubs support the motion to boycott the one off game which is set to be staged in the northern Moroccan city.
As the date of August 12 looms closer, the Spanish FA have still yet to confirm 100% that the Super Cup match between league winners FC Barcelona and Copa del Rey runners-up Sevilla FC will be staged in the Moroccan city of Tangiers.
Sevilla president José Castro has been outspoken with his dissatisfaction over the decision after the club included the home leg of the traditionally two legged affair as part of their 2018/19 season ticket campaign with holders being free access to the traditional curtain raiser.
Sevilla fans have taken this one stage further and have officially stated their intention to boycott the one off game in Morocco with their campaign activity reaching Twitter with the creation of the #NoALaSupercopaEnTánger hashtag.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy