Valencia reward Marcelino with contract extension to 2020
The Spanish schemer has had an extra year added to his deal at Mestalla after guiding Los Che to the Champions League in his first season.
Valencia have handed Marcelino a contract extension running up to 2020 after both parties agreed a one-year addition to the Spanish tactician’s current deal.
Marcelino was given a two-year mandate when he joined the club last summer but the Mestalla board were keen to tie him down to a longer arrangement after he successfully led Los Che back into the Champions League in his debut season on the east coast.
After some years of turmoil, Valencia are embarking on a new project with Peter Lim at the helm of the club and Anil Murthy assuming the role of club president after Lay Hoon Chan’s departure last season.
Valencia to build for the future under Marcelino
✍️💺🦇 Club Statement | Marcelino García Toral https://t.co/QLqBaBxGH6— Valencia CF English (@valenciacf_en) 18 July 2018
General director Mateu Alemany prioritized Marcelino’s renewal this summer with a view to building a squad for the next few seasons.
Valencia will go straight into the group stage of Europe’s elite club competition after their fourth-placed finish last season with the top four in LaLiga now earning direct qualification.
So far this summer Valencia have made Geoffrey Kondogbia’s loan move from Inter permanent and added Daniel Wass from Celta, Mouctar Diakhaby from Lyon and Uros Racic from Red Star Belgrade. The main priority for the club at the moment is coming to an arrangement with PSG over Gonçalo Guedes, who was one of the stars of Marcelino’s side last season but has returned to the French capital after the end of his loan deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22