Hazard is Chelsea's best, we need him - Cesc on Real Madrid target
Eden Hazard's performances at the World Cup have reportedly reignited interest from Real Madrid, but Cesc Fàbregas hopes he stays put.
There is no doubt in Cesc Fàbregas' mind that Eden Hazard is Chelsea's best player and the club must do their utmost to ward off reported interest from Real Madrid.
Hazard was one of the standout performers at the World Cup with Belgium, winning the Silver Ball as the second-best player in Russia, even if he was not included in Fifa's official Fan Dream Team.
His displays have reportedly seen him emerge as one of Madrid's key targets to replace Cristiano Ronaldo, after his shock 117-million-euro move to Juventus.
"We need Chelsea to keep the best players"
Following the departure of Antonio Conte and appointment of Maurizio Sarri as coach, Chelsea are in a state of flux, but Fàbregas is adamant Hazard is the one player they must keep.
When asked at a news conference whether he has spoken to Hazard, Fàbregas said: "I won't lie, I speak to him often.
"He is the best player at the club and we need Chelsea to keep the best players. He knows the fans love him and a player we love to play with. For sure, we want him to stay."
Friday also saw the release of Chelsea's new away kit and Hazard features prominently in the marketing, a sign which will likely boost the confidence of some fans that he will ultimately remain at the club.
Hazard weighing up "something different"
The former Lille star cast doubt on his future when he said he was considering "something different" after Belgium's 2-0 win over England in the World Cup third-place play-off.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers