Gabriel Jesus: Man City favourites to win back-to-back titles
Gabriel Jesus acknowledged Manchester City's favouritism to win successive Premier League trophies this season.
Gabriel Jesus believes Manchester City are favourites to retain their Premier League crown after defeating Chelsea in the Community Shield yesterday. City geared up for the Premier League campaign with a 2-0 win over Chelsea thanks to Sergio Agüero's brace at Wembley on Sunday.
Pep Guardiola's record-breaking City won the title by 19 points ahead of neighbours Manchester United last season. And Brazil star Jesus – who signed a new five-year contract – acknowledged City's favouritism to go back-to-back this term.
City going for the league again
"[Manchester City] can be considered as favourites because we are the current champions," Jesus told reporters. "But we can't just achieve this on the field, we have to focus on the season, the other teams have strengthened, it will be difficult for all teams. For us, it's logical that the teams that will come against us will play against the defending champions, they will want to win anyhow and they will be more motivated to beat us. We have to do what we did last season, and remember the good things we did and the things that unfortunately didn't work out, learn from it and make this season better than the previous."
City open their Premier League defence against Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool