Simone Biles carves out another record at US Championships
All five women's titles on offer at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships were won by the Olympic champion, including a fifth all-around gold.
Simone Biles made history by winning her fifth all-around title at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships on Sunday.
Five-time Olympic medallist Biles became the first woman to take national all-around gold on five separate occasions with her latest triumph in Boston.
It completed a remarkable campaign for the 21-year-old, who swept the field by also topping the podium in the vault, uneven bars, balance beam and floor events.
Biles created a gap of 6.55 points – the largest margin of victory in any of her five all-around titles – to beat reigning world champion Morgan Hurd.
The outfit she competed in was teal, the designated colour to show support for victims in the Larry Nassar sexual abuse scandal, a group that includes Biles.
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants