Yaya Touré has passed a medical in London, says agent
Former Manchester City star and now free agent Yaya Toure could be set to join a new club after completing a medical in London, according to his agent.
Yaya Touré has passed a medical in London and is "close to signing a new contract", the player's agent has claimed. Touré, 35, has been a free agent since leaving Manchester City at the end of last season.
West Ham linked
The Ivory Coast star was linked with a move to West Ham to reunite with former City manager Manuel Pellegrini, but the Hammers boss dismissed those rumours two weeks ago. It appears Touré is poised to complete his next move, though, with agent Dimitry Seluk stating a deal was close on Tuesday.
"Touré has passed a medical in London," he tweeted. "Yaya is close to signing a new contract."
Touré won three Premier League titles with City but left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, when he accused manager Pep Guardiola of having "problems with Africans". Guardiola responded to the allegation by saying: "It's a lie and he [Touré] knows it."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series