Yaya Touré has passed a medical in London, says agent
Former Manchester City star and now free agent Yaya Toure could be set to join a new club after completing a medical in London, according to his agent.
Yaya Touré has passed a medical in London and is "close to signing a new contract", the player's agent has claimed. Touré, 35, has been a free agent since leaving Manchester City at the end of last season.
West Ham linked
The Ivory Coast star was linked with a move to West Ham to reunite with former City manager Manuel Pellegrini, but the Hammers boss dismissed those rumours two weeks ago. It appears Touré is poised to complete his next move, though, with agent Dimitry Seluk stating a deal was close on Tuesday.
"Touré has passed a medical in London," he tweeted. "Yaya is close to signing a new contract."
Touré won three Premier League titles with City but left in somewhat acrimonious circumstances, when he accused manager Pep Guardiola of having "problems with Africans". Guardiola responded to the allegation by saying: "It's a lie and he [Touré] knows it."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool