Cristiano Ronaldo: Cafu issues Serie A warning to Juve star
The former Brazil international believes that the Portugal captain will be a success in Italy but that he will take some time to adapt to a new league.
Former Brazil international Cafu, who spent nine years in Serie A with Roma and AC Milan, has said that Cristiano Ronaldo will take some time to find his best form in Italy’s top flight following his €117m move from Real Madrid last summer.
The Canarinha’s most-capped player of all time said that Ronaldo adds some star power to Serie A but will find it difficult at first to adapt to the demands of a division other than LaLiga: “Ronaldo will put the spotlight on Serie A, but he will suffer a little at first,” Cafu said during an interview with A Bola. “It’s a tougher competition than LaLiga , in terms of the contrast in teams and in physical contact.
"Ronaldo will continue to be Ronaldo"
Ronaldo has three goals and five assists in six Serie A matches to date and Cafu is under no doubt that the Portuguese will impose himself on Italy’s top flight as he did the Premier League and LaLiga: “Ronaldo will continue to be Ronaldo. He is the best player in the world and he will bring a lot of joy to Serie A.”
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes