Ronaldo's mother and sister start campaign of support after rape allegations
Dolores Aveiro says that her son deserves justice and Katia Aveiro, Ronaldo's sister, wants people to support her brother on social media.
Cristiano Ronaldo's mother has started a campaign in support of her son in light of the re-opening of a complaint filed by Kathryn Mayorga against the Juventus player for allegedly sexually assaulting her in 2009.
The Portuguese player's sister, Katia Aveiro, has also taken to social media in support of her brother. She posted a picture of Ronaldo dress in Superman clothes with two hashtags. The first one says "Ronaldo, we are with you until the end" and the other says "Justice for CR7". With the second one, Aveira has asked her followed to put the image on their profiles to show support for the player.
"I want to see who has the courage to put this photo on their profile for a week and create a chain for him...IN PORTUGAL, FOR HIM, FOR THE UNITY OF THE PEOPLE ... JUSTICE. HE DESERVES IT," he said.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Quero ver quem tem coragem de pôr esta foto no perfil por uma semana e fazer uma corrente por ele...POR PORTUGAL ,POR ELE ,PELOS NOSSOS ,PELA UNIÃO DO POVO ....PELA JUSTIÇA 🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹🇵🇹 ELE MERECE. #ronaldoestamoscontigoatéaofim #justiçacr7 #nãoporqueémeuirmãmasporqueelemereceonossoapoio #deusnuncafalha #deusnocomando🙏
The post received plenty of attention on social media with Ronaldo's hairdresser, José Miguel Seiro, among others sharing the picture on their social media profiles.
Katia Aveiro promoting the campaign
Aveiro is Ronaldo's greatest defender. Every chance she gets, she uses her voice to stand beside him. After his red card against Valencia, she took to social media to stand by her brother.
"Shameful for football. There will be justice. They want to destroy my brother, but God never sleeps. Shameful," she said.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?