Rodrigo goal sees Real Madrid U-19 into Youth League knockouts
Real Madrid had to come from behind with goals from Miguel Baeza and Rodrigo as they book their passage into the knockout stages of the Under-19 Youth League.
Real Madrid managed to see off Viktoria Plzen in the under-19 Champions League thanks to a late Rodrigo strike and with that, landed themselves in the knock-out stages of the competition. Having won four in four, they need just one point in their next game to seal top spot with six points to play for and AS Roma sitting in second on six points.
Viktoria Plzen took the lead in the first half through Tomáš Arzberger and it wasn't until the second 45 that Real Madrid responded before turning the game on its head. Miguel Baeza scored in the 69th minute before Rodrigo landed the winner deep into added time. The Brazilian signed with the club last summer from Gremio and has been excellent since moving to Madrid.
Real Madrid have now beaten Roma, CSKA Moscow and Viktoria Plzen at home and away to ensure their passage to the next round. Next up for los Blancos is AS Roma in Italy before the first team play the Serie A side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades