COPE: "Isco was dropped because he disrespected Solari"
Spanish journalist Manolo Lama explained that the Madrid playmaker was left out of the Roma game over an incident which took place last weekend.
Real Madrid sealed their place in the last 16 of the Champions League on Tuesday after a 0-2 win over Roma in the Stadio Olimpico. One glaring absentee, however, was Isco, dropped by new coach Santiago Solari despite confirming that he was fully fit.
On the El Partidazo show on Spanish radio station COPE, Spanish broadcaster Manolo Lama insisted that that the cause of the omission was because of an incident that took place last weekend: "The reason he was dropped in Rome was over a lack of respect shown towards Solari which could have happened last weekend."
Despite Solari's clear stance on Isco's role in the side, Lama claims that the Madrid coach decided to take the Spain international to Italy to avoid any unnecessary controversy: "The idea was for him not to travel to Rome but in the end he did so he wouldn't be the sole focus of attention," he said.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?