River Plate confirm Madrid plans for Boca final preparations
The Argentine giants will arrive in the Spanish capital on Wednesday 5 December, stay at a hotel near the Bernabéu, and prepare for Sunday's final.
River Plate have announced their preparation schedule for the final of the Copa Libertadores that will be held at the Santiago Bernabéu in Madrid.
Fly me a River
Los Millonarios will, after much talk to the contrary, finally travel to the Spanish capital on Wednesday 5 December. Initially it had looked as if they would arrive a day or two earlier but, much like both legs of the final, this was postponed. Their charter flight will depart at 14:00 local time (18:00 CET).
The team will be staying at the Eurostars Madrid Tower hotel, a little further north up the Paseo de la Castellana from Real Madrid's famous stadium. That, of course, will be host to the controversial second leg against Boca Juniors on Sunday 9 December.
More confirmed news from the Buenos Aires club is that they will train at the Ciudad Deportiva de Valdebebas, Los Blancos training facilities. Their hosts have a home match against Melilla in the Copa del Rey on Thursday evening, before heading off to Huesca for their weekend league game. Both sets of players will coincide for a few days at the facility.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands