Atlético eyeing Boca's Nahitán Nández
According to ESPN, Diego Simeone has asked Atlético Madrid to sign Nahitán Nández following his impressive performance in the Copa Libertadores final.
As Atlético Madrid continue to look towards the future, they have their sights on a Boca Junior’s Nahitán Nández, who is now of one of their priority targets, according to ESPN.
The Uruguayan midfielder was the standout player for Boca in the Copa Libertadores final against River Plate in Madrid earlier this month, providing the inch-perfect long-range pass to set up Dario Bendetto’s goal in the 44th minute of a game that Boca eventually went on to lose 3-1.
And it seems that Nández’s impressive performance was enough to prompt Diego Simeone to ask Atlético’s board to sign him, as the Argentine coach looks to strengthen his options in midfield moving forward.
Nández on the radar of several European clubs
The 23-year-old is considered one of the great promises for the future of Uruguayan football and has made himself an undisputed starter for Boca coach Guillermo Barros Schelotto since he joined the club from Peñarol in the summer of 2017.
Boca has set his release clause at around 25 million euros and intend to raise that figure as offers from premier European clubs look set to come in. His current deal at the Argentine club is until June 2020.
In addition to Atlético, several European teams have shown interest in Nández, including Premier League club Newcastle United. But it seems Atlético’s main competition will come from Inter Milan, who are expected to try to sign him in the January transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer