Thomas: "Sometimes I feel unhappy at Atléti"
Ghanaian midfielder Thomas Partey has admitted that he is unhappy as a result of not being a regular feature in Diego Simeone's starting eleven.
Thomas Partey has admitted to “sometimes” feeling “unhappy” at Atlético Madrid over not being a regular starter for Diego Simeone, despite having played some “very good games” this season for the Argentinean coach.
“Sometimes I feel unhappy at Atlético," stated Thomas an interview with Spanish TV channel, Gol. “You have to play in the important games to feel happy, to feel stronger and more confident.”
The Ghanaian international, who has participated in 19 of Atlético’s 23 LaLiga and Champions League games this campaign, although majority of those have been from the bench, said he believed he had a “very good” first half to the season.
“There have been games that I have played well,” said Thomas, who two weeks ago in the mixed zone following the game against Alavés, which he started, assured that he felt “fine” every time he played.
So far this season, Partey has played an average of 59 minutes in the 21 games that he has participated in. Last season, his average game time over 50 games was 68 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops