Fabregas captains Blues as Monaco switch looms
Cesc Fabregas, who is reportedly on the brink of joining Monaco, has been named Chelsea captain against Nottingham Forest.
Cesc Fabregas will captain Chelsea for their FA Cup third-round tie against Nottingham Forest in what could be his final game for the club.
Fabregas, whose contract at Stamford Bridge expires at the end of the season, is reportedly close to joining Monaco and bringing his four-and-a-half year spell at Chelsea to a close.
The 31-year-old cost Chelsea £27 million when he arrived from Barcelona in June 2014 and the former Arsenal playmaker helped the Blues to the Premier League title and the League Cup in his first season back in English football.
Another league title followed in 2016-17 - the third of Fabregas' career - but he has made just six Premier League appearances this season under Maurizio Sarri.
Sarri, who secured the signing of Borussia Dortmund forward Christian Pulisic earlier in the week - the USA midfielder will spend the rest of the season at Signal Iduna Park, named 18-year-old Callum Hudson-Odoi alongside Alvaro Morata in the Blues' attack to face Forest.
Hudson-Odoi scored in Chelsea's 4-0 win over PAOK in the Europa League earlier in the season but has been restricted to just 42 minutes as a substitute in the Premier League this term and is linked with a move away although Gianfranco Zola hopes he chooses to stay in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series