Hazard: "Fàbregas has given everything to Chelsea"
Chelsea striker Eden Hazard has paid tribute to Cesc Fabregas as the Spanish midfielder prepares to make his exit from Stamford Bridge to join Monaco.
Chelsea star Eden Hazard praised Cesc Fàbregas for giving "everything" to the club amid reports the midfielder is set to join Monaco. Fàbregas, 31, was in tears as he left the pitch after Chelsea's 2-0 FA Cup win over Nottingham Forest, having captained the side but missed a first-half penalty.
The Spaniard won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and an EFL Cup after arriving at Stamford Bridge from Barcelona in 2014. When asked what Fabregas had given Chelsea, Hazard said: "Everything".
The Belgian continued: "In five years, I can say that I was lucky to play with him. Since the beginning, when he came, we saw with the first year we won the double together. A top guy on the pitch, off the pitch, great friend of mine, not just admiration. I hope he will have a good future. He's a bit old now, but he's still very good and he will enjoy."
If he joins Monaco as expected, Fàbregas will reunite with former Arsenal team-mate Thierry Henry, who is trying to guide the club out of the relegation zone in Ligue 1.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22