PSG: Timothy Weah commits to Ligue 1 giants until 2021
The United States international has signed a new deal with the Parisian club but cold be loanded out to Celtic in January to gain more experience.
Timothy Weah has extended his contract at Ligue 1 champions PSG until 2021 ahead of a projected loan move to Celtic.
Weah, the son of former Milan great and Ballon d’Or winner George Weah, who is now the president of Liberia, has found first-team opportunities hard to come by at the Parc des Princes this season, making just two league appearances and one in the Trophée des Champions. However, the 18-year-old has shown his promise by managing a goal in each competition.
Weah likely to join Celtic on loan
Having made his international debut for the USA in March, Weah has been capped eight times by his country and scored his debut international goal against Bolivia in May.
PSG have tied down Weah to an extended contract but it is widely expected he will join Celtic until the end of the season where he will be given the chance to gain more experience ahead of the 2019-20 campaign, when he may be afforded a greater role at PSG depending on what occurs in the transfer market this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement