Liverpool's Mohamed Salah is the 4th fastest to reach 50 goals in Premier League history
Mohamed Salah's second-half brace against Crystal Palace moved Liverpool towards a key victory and brought up a notable landmark.
Liverpool star Mohamed Salah scored his 50th Premier League goal to inspire a 4-3 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday. Salah becmomes the joint-fourth quickest player to reach the landmark in the history of the competition.
Salah on target twice against Palace
Jürgen Klopp's side were behind at half-time on Salah's 72nd Premier League appearance before he prodded home number 49 on the volley to make it 1-1. And the Egypt international capitalised upon an error from Palace goalkeeper Julian Speroni to put Liverpool 3-2 ahead 15 minutes from time. Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mané were also on target.
Cole, Shearer and Van Nistelrooy
Andy Cole has the quickest to a Premier League half-century, reaching the landmark after 65 appearances – one fewer than Alan Shearer and three better than another Manchester United hero, Ruud van Nistelrooy.
Salah is the joint-fasted Liverpool player to 50, level with Fernando Torres, while ex-Anfield favourite Luis Suárez now move down to 10th place.
Fewest matches to score 50 Premier League goals
10. Luis Suarez (86)
9. Diego Costa (85)
=7. Kevin Phillips (83)
=7. Thierry Henry (83)
6. Sergio Aguero (81)
=4. Fernando Torres (72)
=4. Mohamed Salah (72)
3. Ruud van Nistelrooy (68)
2. Alan Shearer (66)
1. Andrew Cole (65)
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos vs Cleveland Browns live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 7
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries