Sala: Cristiano Ronaldo criticised for timing of plane selfie
Gary Lineker was among those to question the former Real Madrid forward for posting a photograph of himself on a private jet on Tuesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been heavily criticised for posting a photograph of himself taking a selfie on a private jet the day after the disappearance of an aeroplane carrying new Cardiff City signing Emiliano Sala.
Flying back to Turin after attending court in Madrid
The Juventus striker published the image on social media as he prepared to fly back to Italy on Tuesday, following a Madrid court appearance in which he accepted a two-year jail term and an 18.8-million-euro fine for tax fraud.
"Not the day for this tweet" - Gary Lineker
The 33-year-old, who has a combined 228 million followers on Twitter and Instagram, quickly received a raft of comments from social-media users questioning the timing of the light-hearted post.
Among those to voice their displeasure was the broadcaster and former England captain Gary Lineker, who wrote: "Not the day for this tweet. It really isn't."
Not the day for this tweet. It really isn’t. https://t.co/61y6cgEzm0— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) 22 de enero de 2019
Search for Sala plane resumed on Wednesday
Police announced on Wednesday that the search has been resumed for Sala's plane, which went missing on Monday night as it took the striker to Wales to join up with his new club after a 15-million-pound move from Nantes.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?