Barcelona: Dembélé a doubt for Clásico after tonsilitis diagnosis
With question marks already over Lionel Messi, Ousmane Dembélé has given Barça further cause for concern ahead of their tie with Real Madrid.
With Lionel Messi due to have tests on a thigh injury tomorrow, Barcelona have been handed another fitness concern after Ousmane Dembélé was diagnosed with tonsilitis, leaving the Frenchman's involvement in the Clásico in grave doubt.
Dembélé had been due to return from ankle injury
Dembélé, who is in the final stages of his recovery from an ankle sprain, was expected to return to training tomorrow as Barça prepare to take on Real Madrid in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semi-finals on Wednesday evening (21:00 CET).
However, Blaugrana doctors this morning prescribed the forward antiobiotics and told him to go home and rest after he reported to the club's training ground suffering from a fever, complaining of pain in his tonsils and feeling generally unwell.
Recovery usually takes at least three or four days
Barça will wait and see how the 21-year-old's condition progresses, but with tonsilitis usually requiring a recovery period of at least three to four days, there is little optimism that he'll be fit to face Madrid at the Camp Nou.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother