Godin returns to Atletico training ahead of Madrid derby
Diego Godin has made a quick recovery from his recent thigh injury and could face Real Madrid in LaLiga this weekend.
Atletico Madrid received a huge boost ahead of this weekend's derby after Diego Godin returned to training on Wednesday.
Godin was forced off at half-time during Atletico's 2-0 win over Getafe last month, and missed last weekend's 1-0 defeat to Real Betis.
The defender underwent an MRI scan and Atleti confirmed he had suffered "an elongation in the adductor muscle of the right thigh".
However, Godin – who has been linked with a move to Inter – has made a quick recovery and was back with Diego Simeone's squad as they prepare to host Real Madrid in LaLiga on Saturday.
"Great morning, back to work with the team," Godin posted on Twitter in reply to Atletico confirming his return.
Godin has made 17 league appearances in 2018-19, starting 15 times and scoring twice.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats