Ajax faced with injury worries over De Jong and Tagliafico
Both the Dutch midfielder who will play at Camp Nou next season and Argentinean Tagliafico are worries ahead of Wednesday's Champions League tie.
Key Ajax midfielder Frenkie De Jong is a doubt for the Dutch side ahead of Wednesday's Champions League Round of 16 tie against Real Madrid at the Johan Cruyff Arena (kick-off 21:00 CET).
The 21-year-old who recently confirmed his move to FC Barcelona has been suffering with a muscular problem and was substituted in the 79th minute of the weekend's Eredivisie League defeat to Heracles as a precautionary measure by Ajax boss Erik ten Hag .
There is also a question mark surrounding the fitness of Argentine Nicolas Tagliafico, despite the left midfielder completing the game in Almelo he has been carrying a knock which will be assessed by the Ajax medical team ahead of the Madrid game.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash