Simeone renews with Atlético Madrid until 2022
With a nod to Valentines' Day and the number he wore as a player with Atleti, Simeone adds two years onto his existing contract #enamoradosdelatleti #14.
Atlético Madrid have anounced that Diego Pablo Simeone has signed a two-year contract extension - one which will tie him to the club until June 2022. With a nod to Valentines' Day and the number he wore as a player with the Rojiblancos - the number 14. "#Simeone2022 #EnamoradoDelAtleti #14".
Making history at Atlético
Simeone's previous arrangement with Atlético was due to expire in 2020, so he has committed for a further two years, when it will be over a decade since he returned to change the club's fortunes - winning seven trophies in six and a half seasons.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future