Martial and Lingard could be fit for massive Liverpool clash
Manchester United duo Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard could both be in contention to face Liverpool, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful he will have Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard available again when Manchester United host Liverpool on Sunday.
Huge boost for United...and City
Both Martial and Lingard were forced off during United's Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain last week, with Solskjaer initially suggesting the pair could be out for up to three weeks.
But the two key men are potentially back in contention for this weekend's crunch clash at Old Trafford.
Solskjaer revealed that Martial is closer to full fitness than Lingard, yet he hopes to be able to call on both men against rivals Liverpool.
✊ "We're playing Liverpool and we know how big that is for Manchester United, for our staff and for our supporters." #MUFC— Manchester United (@ManUtd) 22 February 2019
"I hope and think Anthony will be ready and I hope Jesse will be ready because it's two different injuries," Solskjaer told United's official website.
"So maybe more hope than think, with Anthony as well, but he's got a chance.
"Anyway, we still hope Jesse could be ready. Let's see. We've still got a couple of days' training left and they need to be part of it."
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?