Fran Escribá takes over from Cardoso at Celta
Sunday’s defeat to Eibar saw the Portuguese coach’s time at the club from Vigo come to an end.
Celta have put their faith in Fran Escribá to try and keep the club in the top flight. The club from Vigo in the northwest of Spain announced the sacking of coach Miguel Cardoso with Escribá taking over. The Portuguese coach, who was brought in to replace Argentinean Toni Mohamed, lasted just 15 games. Celta are currently in 17th place in LaLiga, two points above the relelgation zone.
Cardoso's disastrous time at Celta Vigo
Cardoso finished his spell at the club with three wins, two draws and 10 defeats. The loss on Sunday to Eibar (1-0) and the poor football being played by the side was the final straw for the Celta management. This is Cardoso’s second sacking of the season, after being fired at Nantes in October.
This will be Escribá’s fourth job in the top flight in Spain. He’s previously been in charge at Elche, Getafe and Villarreal. His first game will be next Sunday against Betis at Balaídos.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth