Fran Escribá takes over from Cardoso at Celta
Sunday’s defeat to Eibar saw the Portuguese coach’s time at the club from Vigo come to an end.
Celta have put their faith in Fran Escribá to try and keep the club in the top flight. The club from Vigo in the northwest of Spain announced the sacking of coach Miguel Cardoso with Escribá taking over. The Portuguese coach, who was brought in to replace Argentinean Toni Mohamed, lasted just 15 games. Celta are currently in 17th place in LaLiga, two points above the relelgation zone.
Cardoso's disastrous time at Celta Vigo
Cardoso finished his spell at the club with three wins, two draws and 10 defeats. The loss on Sunday to Eibar (1-0) and the poor football being played by the side was the final straw for the Celta management. This is Cardoso’s second sacking of the season, after being fired at Nantes in October.
This will be Escribá’s fourth job in the top flight in Spain. He’s previously been in charge at Elche, Getafe and Villarreal. His first game will be next Sunday against Betis at Balaídos.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?