Bale's salary earmarked for Real Madrid's next galáctico
The Welshman rakes in 14 million euros a year - a tasty stack of cash that the Spanish club could use to lure another star.
The possible departure of 29 year-old Gareth Bale from Real Madrid would have a very positive effect on the club's cashflow. His sale would free-up what is the highest salary in the squad, with the Welshman currently banking 14 million net a year - more than Sergio Ramos, who earns 11 million, and far above Modric and BEnzema who are on 10 million each a year. The 14 million salary saved by Bale's exit could be handily spent on the next superstar: Mbappé, Hazard, Pogba...
Bale likely to leave in the summer
For one galáctico to join Real Madrid another one has to leave, and all evidence indicates that it will be Bale who will be leaving Real Madrid this summer. His poor performances and the arrival of returning coach Zinedine Zidane, with whom Bale clashed in his previous period in charge at the Bernabéu, all point in one direction. And Bale isn't lacking suitors: Tottenham Hotspur, Bayern Munich and Manchester United are all said to be lining up to bring the Cardiff Express on board. Bale's departure would see the treasury department at Real Madrid able to bring in Mbappé, Hazard or Pogba with no additional outflow of cash per year, with any of them likely to earn more or less what the Welshman was on. (Mbappé is said to be looking for 15 million a year).
Bale's transfer market value dropping
Bale, now nearly 30, is no longer seen as an important asset at the club, or part of a glorious future. This season Vinicius has been a bigger player, and until the Brazilian's injury the youngster had played in almost every game. Bale meanwhile was out for the Copa del Rey Clásicos against Barcelona and when he did start, against Barça in LaLiga and Ajax in the Champions League the team slumped to defeat. He's played 35 games and scored 14 goals (0.4 per match). And what's more, Bale's value is in free-fall. According to Transfermarkt, Bale has gone from being worth 90 million euros to 70 in just a year.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?