Zidane saves Ramos: Real Madrid captain out for Eibar visit
Brahim and Valverde are back in while as Los Blancos' manager sets out his squad ahead of yet another test of what rebuilding is required.
Sergio Ramos will be the main absence for Real Madrid against Eibar on Saturday afternoon. Manager Zinedine Zidane left the captain out of his 19-man squad for the visit of the Basque side allowing him a complete rest from his usual duties. Also missing out is Mariano Díaz, while Brahim Díaz and Federico Valverde come back in after missing out on the trip to Mestalla.
Zidane rests and rotates
Los Blancos trained on Friday for the second and final time ahead of the game on Saturday afternoon in the Spanish capital. Dani Carvajal, who was involved with the group for some of Thursday's session, worked through most of the training with no apparent difficulties, however the full-back has been left out of the squad. Zidane was already aware that he'd be without the services of Marcelo on the other flank, following the Brazilian's yellow card at Mestalla. Also missing, although through injury, are Vinicius, Courtois and Marcos Llorente.
In the 15 minutes open to the press, with the team divided into two sets, the young Brazilian did not make an appearance, despite being seen for the first time since his injury running on the grass the day before.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'