Vinicius set to be Nike's new Brazilian poster boy
The injured Real Madrid winger is Rio bound and will be the protagonist tomorrow as Brazil unveil their new white Copa América shirt.
Vinicius Junior is Rio de Janiero bound. Despite being injured, the player has been given approval to travel by Real Madrid after a request by the Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (Brazilian FA) who want the player to present the new national team shirt that the Seleção will use in the forthcoming Copa América at a media event in Rio tomorrow.
Although the winger is yet to play a game for the national side, Brazil kit supplier Nike have requested that 18-year-old be the main image of the new white shirt that Brazil will use in the tournament. The white was abandoned in favour of the now iconic yellow shirt following the infamous 1950 World Cup defeat at home to Uruguay. The only break with the yellow shirt was a one-off 50th-anniversary friendly match in 2004.
Vinicius is slowly becoming an iconic figure in his native Brazil following an impressive burst onto the scene in LaLiga and testament to this is the request from Nike for the player to be the protagonist at the shirt unveiling which will be staged in the CBF headquarters in Rio.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online