Barcelona-Manchester United: Felix Brych to referee return leg
The German official, 43, has officiated five competitive Barça games in Europe, with two wins, two draws and a defeat for the Camp Nou club.
German referee Felix Brych has been assigned to oversee the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final between Barcelona and Manchester United at Camp Nou on 16 April.
Brych, 43, was in charge of Ajax’s 4-1 victory over Real Madrid at the Bernabéu in the previous round and last officiated a Barcelona game in 2015-16 when he was the man in the middle for the first leg of the quarter-final against Atlético in Camp Nou, which the home side won 2-1.
However, Barça's record with Brych on the whistle is far from perfect. In 2014-15 he oversaw Barça’s 2-1 victory over Manchester City in the last en route to the Catalans’ last Champions League title but in the three previous games he refereed Barça failed to win at all: 1-1 against Atlético in the 2013-14 quarter-finals, in the group stage of the same campaign against AC Milan (1-1) and in the semi-finals against Chelsea in 2011-12 (1-0).
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement