Icardi planning Inter stay - agent Wanda Nara
Wanda Nara says her husband and client Mauro Icardi is not planning to leave Inter at the end of the Serie A season.
Mauro Icardi expects to be at Inter next season despite this term's controversies, says his agent and wife Wanda Nara.
Icardi was stripped of the captaincy in February as protracted contract talks caused reported tension with the club's hierarchy.
He subsequently did not play for two months - with Icardi and Inter offering different takes on the severity of the striker's knee complaint - and though the Argentina international scored on his return against Genoa on April 3, he has not found the net since.
Icardi's long-term future at the club remains in doubt - he is under contract until 2021 and has been linked with Real Madrid - but Nara says he plans to stay.
Nara: Icardi will be at Inter next year
"Mauro continues to score, he goes ahead because he is the strength of the family," she told Verissimo.
"Now he is calmer, he embraces everyone because he has always had a beautiful relationship with everyone.
"We will be here [at Inter] again next year."
Inter are at home to Roma on Saturday in a match that could be potentially decisive in the Champions League race.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7