Real Madrid: Zidane slams display in Rayo Vallecano defeat
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane hit out at his team's performance in Sunday's 1-0 LaLiga defeat to Rayo Vallecano.
Speaking after Sunday's 1-0 LaLiga defeat to Rayo Vallecano, Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane offered a frank assessment of his side's performance.
Zidane's post-match comments:
Madrid's display: "We have to apologise for the account we gave of ourselves. It came down to our attitude. I'm not going to point the finger of blame at anyone in particular. We're all in it together."
Positives: "We can't taking anything positive away from tonight, no. Nothing."
Future: "We have three games to go and we have to play differently. We have three games to go and we have to finish off the campaign as best we can out of respect for the game and the club."
Season: "I'd like the season to be over, because it's a difficult situation right now. We should be angry about everything we did today."
Defending his players: "I'll always defend them, but I can't today. That's just the way it is. We can't perform like that. It doesn't only come down to them, though; I am responsible for the team. We did everything we shouldn't have; I must also have had something to do with that."
Rayo: "They needed the points and they went out and got them. They put in the performance that we should have. We offered nothing, from the first minute to the last [...]. We can't be happy [with our display]."
Do you regret coming back? "I don't regret it at all. These are [just] tough moments. We can't play like that, though."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"