Luis Suárez, out for 4-6 weeks, will miss Copa del Rey final
Barcelona confirmed this morning that the Uruguayan striker underwent surgery on Friday morning to trim the torn meniscus in his right knee.
Barcelona have issued an update on Luis Suárez after the player underwent surgery on his right knee in the early hours of this morning. Doctor Ramon Cugat was in charge of the operation to trim the torn medial meniscus in Suárez's right knee. A member of Barcelona's medical team was also present to oversee the operation. Barça issued a medical report this morning to confirm the operation had been a success and the time Suárez is expected to be on the sidelines - between four and six weeks.
Suárez could return for the Copa América
It means Luis Suárez will miss the Copa del Rey final against Valencia on 25 May - it will be the second time he's missed the Cup final as he sat down the 2017 final against Alavés through suspension. He might be back to full fitness to take part in this summer's Copa América which starts on 14 June in Brazil.
Suárez has been struggling with his troublesome right knee for a couple of years and the problem flared in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against his old club, Liverpool. After the return leg and with Barça out of the competition, he decided to go under the knife to sort out his knee problems once and for all.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?