76ers owner buys Spanish second division side Alcorcón
As well as owning NBA franchise Philadelphia 76ers, Josh Harris is also an 18% shareholder of Premier League side Crystal Palace.
Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris, has become maximum shareholder of Spanish second tier side AD Alcorcón after his investment group Apollo Global Management bought the holding from previous owner, Belgian Roland Duchatelet.
'Cadena SER' report that American multi-millionaire Harris, also holds 18% of the shareholding at English Premier League club Crystal Palace as well as owning NHL franchise New Jersey Devils (ice hockey) and founded Apollo Global Management, one of the world's largest alternative investment firms along with Atlanta Hawks majority owner Antony Ressler.
No information has yet been released as to the price of the deal involving the Spanish outfit who hail from the Madrid suburb of Alcorcon with details of the acquisition expected to be released in forthcoming weeks.
Apollo Global Management's Alice McGillion later claimed that there was no truth in the story and that Harris had not bought the Spanish outfit.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'