76ers owner buys Spanish second division side Alcorcón
As well as owning NBA franchise Philadelphia 76ers, Josh Harris is also an 18% shareholder of Premier League side Crystal Palace.
Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris, has become maximum shareholder of Spanish second tier side AD Alcorcón after his investment group Apollo Global Management bought the holding from previous owner, Belgian Roland Duchatelet.
'Cadena SER' report that American multi-millionaire Harris, also holds 18% of the shareholding at English Premier League club Crystal Palace as well as owning NHL franchise New Jersey Devils (ice hockey) and founded Apollo Global Management, one of the world's largest alternative investment firms along with Atlanta Hawks majority owner Antony Ressler.
No information has yet been released as to the price of the deal involving the Spanish outfit who hail from the Madrid suburb of Alcorcon with details of the acquisition expected to be released in forthcoming weeks.
Apollo Global Management's Alice McGillion later claimed that there was no truth in the story and that Harris had not bought the Spanish outfit.
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view