Nadal books record 15th straight ATP Finals spot
Victory over Sam Querrey in the Wimbledon quarter-finals saw the world number two become the first player to earn a place at the 2019 ATP Finals.
Rafael Nadal booked his place at the ATP Finals for a record 15th straight season with his quarter-final win over Sam Querrey at Wimbledon on Wednesday.
French Open champion Nadal triumphed 7-5 6-2 6-2 on No.1 Court to become the first player to earn a spot at the end-of-season event at the O2 Arena in London.
The 33-year-old, whose other title this season came at the Internazionali d'Italia, takes a 17-match winning run into a tantalising semi-final against eight-time Wimbledon winner Roger Federer.
Nadal gunning for Wimbledon glory against old foe Federer
Nadal has never won the Finals, his best performances coming when he finished as the runner-up in 2010 and 2013.
He has only completed seven editions of the tournament, having withdrawn during the 2017 event due to a knee problem and opted out on six occasions – ankle and abdominal issues kept him out last year.
Novak Djokovic faces Roberto Bautista Agut in the other last-four clash and victory for the world number one would see him join Nadal in guaranteeing a place in the Finals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?