Aaron Long could see his Premier League dream frustrated
The New York Red Bulls and USMNT defender is on the radar of West Ham United; however, the American player may have a work permit challenge.
Aaron Long confirmed on the Benny Feilhaber and Sal Zizzo 'BS The Podcast', that there was interest in him from Premier League club, West Ham United. He wasn't, however, able to assure fans that this move would come to pass.
"I don't know, man. I have no idea when I'm going, where I'm going, if I'm going at all, all I know is that offers have come in and got rejected right now by the Red Bulls," Long stated.
However, reports from England say the transfer to the Premier League could be frustrated, despite both sides' interest in making it happen, as Long is unable to secure a work permit, according to Sky Sports. The MLS 'defender of the year 2018' has a release clause of $5 million and wants to move to the Premier League.
The 26-year-old defender is also a target of Marseille, Fiorentina, Rennes, and Lyon.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL Cardinals 11 vs. 34 Rams summary: scores, stats and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Raiders part ways with general manager Mike Maycock
- NFL The insufferable Superb Owl jokes: a rant
- PACO GENTO 1933-2022 Real Madrid legend Paco Gento passes away aged 88
- AFCON Salima Mukansanga to lead all-female officiating AFCON line-up