Napoli snap up former Juventus striker Fernando Llorente
The Spaniard is en route to Naples to sign a two-year deal with the Serie A side after Tottenham decided not to extend his contract.
Fernando Llorente has agreed a deal to sign for Napoli, bolstering Carlo Ancelotti’s attacking options as the Gli Azzurri aim to overturn Juventus’ domestic dominance this season.
Llorente spent two season at the Old Lady after moving from Athletic Bilbao and brings plenty of European experience to Ancelotti’s side, something the Italian tactician noted in his pre-match press conference ahead of the meeting between Juventus and Napoli in Turin on Saturday evening.
Ancelotti: "He is a different kind of player to the forwards we have"
“If he comes in I’ll be very happy because everybody knows his style: he is a different kind of player to the forwards we have and he will add to our quality,” Ancelotti said.
Llorente is expected to undergo a medical on Saturday and put pen to paper on a two year deal at the San Paolo where he will team up with recent arrival Hirving Lozano, who Napoli signed for a club record 40 million euros last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong