Ødegaard speeds up recovery to make it back for Real Madrid game
The Norweigan midfielder is on loan from Real Madrid at Real Sociedad and he really wants to play against his parent club next weekend at the Bernabéu.
Martin Ødegaard wants to play at the Santiago Bernabéu against Real Madrid. The Norweigan is injured, has missed the last two leagues games with Real Sociedad and didn't go with his national team during the current international break in order to recover in time to play against his parent club.
The 20-year-old suffered swelling and pain and swelling on the bone around his right ankle as he continues to work apart from his teammates at Zubieta training ground. He finished the week on the field, however, which is a positive sign for his road to recovery.
It was his first time on the field since his injury and while he keeps training alone, he is showing signs of improvement. He did a continuous run and some ball work during the session at the end of the week. The attacking midfielder still has one week before the game at the Bernabéu.
The plan is for him to join the group on either Monday or Tuesday. The Real Sociedad physios remain optimistic that he can play next weekend but it depends on how he takes to the increase in activity next week.
It is the first season Real Madrid have allowed their loan players to feature against them with Borja Mayoral netting for Levante in their defeat at the Bernabéu a number of weeks ago. Ødegaard wants to do the same and is stepping up his recovery process in order to be available for it.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp’s pulling power helped lure Thiago to Liverpool
- REAL MADRID Official: Gareth Bale completes Tottenham loan deal
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale: Tottenham confirm injury which delays return debut
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"