Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
Inter have Ivan Rakitic and Arturo Vidal high on their list of targets while Barcelona have a firm eye on the Serie A club's striker, Lautaro Martínez.
Having secured the top spot in Group F, Barcelona travel to Milan to face Inter in the Champions League with nothing at stake.
And the meeting will allow representatives of both clubs to discuss important transfer business. Inter could make another push for Arturo Vidal, who previously declared that he would be willing to move on if he continued to struggle to find game time at Camp Nou.
While Barcelona were not planning to wave goodbye to the Chilean this winter, the club were open to letting go of Ivan Rakitic, who has also found himself with little prominence this season.
Currently top of the table under new coach Antonio Conte, Inter are looking to bring in winter reinforcements, with Vidal and Rakitic high on their list of targets. And the club has a powerful bargaining tool in the form of Lautaro Martínez.
Striker Martinez is currently one of the favoured options among Barcelona’s top brass and could form part of Inter’s deal for Rakitic and Vidal.
AC Milan eye Todibo
But talks with Inter may not be the only order of business for Barcelona in Milan over the coming days. According to Catalan outlet Sport, Inter’s neighbours AC Milan are interested in young French defender Jean-Clair Todibo, for whom Bayer Leverkusen have also made a move.
The 19-year-old centre back, who arrived at Camp Nou from Toulouse in January, has not been able to convince coach Ernesto Valverde nor has he progressed as the club had expected. With just two appearances to his name this season (which includes a four-minute cameo against Getafe), Todibo’s exit could be close.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win