Everton issue statement regarding Carlo Ancelotti link
Italian coach Carlo Ancelotti was rumoured to have initial agreement with Everton. The 60-year-old has vast experience in Europe's major leagues.
Carlo Ancelotti has been rumoured to an agreement in place to become the next manager of struggling Premier League club Everton, Sky Sports reported on Monday. The Italian, who has won three Champions League titles in a garlanded career, left Napoli earlier this month after a high-profile falling out with club chairman Aurelio di Laurentis.
However, shortly before 11pm local time this evening, Everton issued a statement to clarify their stance on Ancelotti and confirm that no contract has been offered to any of the candidates they have been negotiating with.
🔵 | An update on the ongoing work to recruit a new permanent manager. #EFC— Everton (@Everton) December 16, 2019
Everton just above the drop zone
Everton are 16th in the Premier League table, three points above the relegation zone, having sacked Portuguese coach Marco Silva after a 5-2 derby defeat to Liverpool on 4 December. Former Everton striker Duncan Ferguson has been appointed interim boss, securing a 3-1 home win over Chelsea and a 1-1 draw at Manchester United from his two games in charge. Ferguson will oversee Wednesday's EFL Carabao Cup quarter final against Leicester City.
Ancelotti, one of Europe's most experienced coaches
Should the 60-year-old Ancelotti finalise a deal with Everton it would be a significant coup for the Merseyside club given his coaching CV, which includes trophy-laden spells at AC Milan, Chelsea, Paris-Saint Germain, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. Former Everton boss David Moyes was linked to the post after Shanghai’s Victor Pereira ruled himself out last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots