Barcelona - Real Madrid: Ansu Fati, Ramos set Clásico records
Sergio Ramos and Ansu Fati both wrote their names into the Clásico history books as Real Madrid and Barcelona met on Wednesday night.
Real Madrid's Sergio Ramos set a new Clásico appearance record in Wednesday's LaLiga draw arch rivals Barcelona.
Ramos surpasses Sanchís, Gento and Xavi
Ramos, who made his debut in the fixture in 2005, has now featured in 43 Clásicos in all competitions, overtaking Manolo Sanchís, Paco Gento and Xavi Hernández's haul of 42 each.
1 - @realmadriden player Sergio Ramos will become the player with the most appearances in #ElClasico history (43), surpassing Manolo Sanchís, Francisco Gento, Xavi Hernández and Lionel Messi (42 for each one). Captain pic.twitter.com/3m6pHenIOB— OptaJose (@OptaJose) December 18, 2019
What's more, Lionel Messi's involvement in the clash at the Camp Nou means he has now also played in 42 Clásicos, making him Barça's joint-top appearance-maker together with Xavi.
Fati the Clásico's youngest this century
Meanwhile, Ansu Fati's introduction as a second-half substitute meant that, at 17 years and 48 days, the Barcelona youth product became the youngest player to appear in a Clásico since the turn of the century.
Barcelona vs Real Madrid ends goalless
The Clásico ended goalless for the first time since 2002, leaving Barça and Madrid tied on 36 points at the top of LaLiga.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong