Chivas suffer after draw with Pachuca
Chivas defense had an outstanding game but the offence could not perform in the draw against Pachuca in Hidalgo Stadium.
However, depsite dominating the first half, Luis Fernando Tena's side were unable to break down the fortress that was the Pachuca defense, with the first half ending 0-0.
The Guadalajara club had a clear opportunity in the 12th minute but Romario Ibaraa's shot went wide. Then in the 28th minute, Luis Chavez of Pachuca had a nice shot on target but Jesus Molina got in front and the ball went wide.
Towards the end of the first half, Pachuca had another shot on goal but Chivas defender Hiram Mier got his body in front of the ball. Minutes later, the home side's Rubens Sambueza sent a cross towards Romario Ibarra but Jesus Sanchez blocked the shot just enough for the goalkeeper, Antonio Rodriguez, to gather the ball.
During the second half Chivas tried to counter attack with Jesus Ricardo Angulo, Uriel Antuna and Cristian Calderon, but it did not work against Pachuca’s solid defense.
At the end of the 90 minutes the game ended 0-0, leaving Chivas disappointed but still unbeaten after the opening two games of the Mexican Clausura. The Guadalajara side has also not conceded a goal but their offense has a lot of work to do.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid