Arsenal get their man with Pablo Marí set to become a 'Gunner'
The final details on a lengthy negotiation process were concluded late on Tuesday with Arsenal set to pay Flamengo 11 million euro for the Spaniard.
Pablo Marí is set to join Arsenal after the North London club and Brazilian side Flamengo finally reached an agreement late on Tuesday night. The Spaniard has already completed his medial with the Premier League side before the negotiation process reached a stalemate over the payment process for the 26-year-old.
Finally, the defender will move for a fee of 11 million euro and move to England initially on a loan deal with an option for a later compulsory purchase.
Pablo Marí will leave Rio today and is set to be unveiled as anew Arsenal player on Thursday January 30th and was a specific request from Gunners Brazilian sporting director Edu. In his time with the Brazilian outfit, the Spaniard won the Serie A title and 2019 Copa Libertadores with "Mengao".
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream