João Félix out for Valencia, Morata returns as Liverpool loom
The Portuguese striker remains a doubt for Tuesday but there is good news for Simeone as Álvaro Morata is back in full training and will play at Mestalla.
Álvaro Morata is back in the Atlético Madrid squad for Friday night's LaLiga clash at Mestalla (21:00 CET start). The striker was substituted during the Madrid derby and played no role in the 1-0 win over Granada last weekend but has resumed to full training with the rest of the Atleti squad.
In his pre-match press conference Diego Pablo Simeone confirmed that the striker would be fit for the Valencia game but failed to confirm if the Spain international would start or get match action from the bench.
This is Atletico's last game ahead of Tuesday's Round of 16 Champions League clash against holders Liverpool at the Wanda Metropolitano. The Atlético squad has been badly hit in recent weeks with injury with the likes of Trippier, Herrera, João Félix and Diego Costa all set to miss the Mestalla clash although the Spanish international striker targeting a Tuesday return following a hernia operation in November of last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates