Barcelona: Piqué, Umtiti and Semedo avert Setien crisis
The three defenders have made Quique Setién's squad for Getafe after a touch and go week while Clément Lenglet is suspended.
Quique Setién has been handed a boost as he prepares his side to face third-placed Getafe at Camp Nou on Saturday with the availability of Nelson Semedo, Gerard Piqué and Samuel Umtiti confirmed to stave off what would have been a serious defensive crisis for the visit of José Bordalás’ high-flying Geta.
Right-back Semedo had been absent from training this week with a bout of tonsillitis but has recovered to be included, while central defenders Piqué and Umtiti have been included after spending the past few days working with the fitness coaches to overcome small niggles.
Setién is up against it in terms of his squad due to the long-term absences of Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé and Clément Lenglet’s suspension for the Getafe game. Last week, for the victory over Betis, the Barça boss was reduced to 14 first team players and this weekend he will have 15 available, albeit with no extra outfield support for his starting XI with keeper Neto returning to the fold after injury.
Ansu Fati is included again and is joined by fellow youth teamers Rey Manaj, a striker, and Ronald Araújo, a central defender. Midfielder Riqui Puig was eventually omitted for technical reasons.
Barcelona squad for Getafe:
Ter Stegen, Neto, Semedo, Sergi Roberto, Piqué, Umtiti, Alba, Junior, Sergio Busquets, Rakitic, Arturo Vidal, Arthur, De Jong, Griezmann, Messi, Fati, Araujo, Rey Manaj.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | DAY 12 Tokyo Olympics: China lead as Japan and Great Britain climb
- TOKYO OLYMPICS De Grasse succeeds Bolt as McLaughlin breaks record
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Australia vs USA: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL USA vs Australia: times, TV and how to watch online
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Marathon rules, distance and course at the Tokyo 2021 Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBAL How many Olympic medals does LeBron James have?