Real Madrid and Barcelona to go for Haaland, Martinez or Werner
Real Madrid and Barcelona are have their sights set on the Dortmund, Inter and RB Leipzig forwards ahead of the 2020-21 LaLiga season.
While all eyes are on El Clásico, Real Madrid and Barcelona are considering their number nine options ahead of next season.
The LaLiga giants, who meet at the Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday, appear set to strengthen their options up front ahead of 2020-21.
And both Madrid and Barça are linked with similar names as they look to add forwards.
Real Madrid and Barcelona eye Werner, Lautaro and Haaland
With Luka Jovic so far unable to make an impact at Real Madrid, Zinedine Zidane's side are considering Borussia Dortmund star Erling Haaland, Inter striker Lautaro Martínez and RB Leipzig's Timo Werner, according to various reports.
Haaland is top of Madrid's wish list, the report says, having scored 12 goals in nine games since arriving at Dortmund in January.
For Barcelona, meanwhile, Mundo Deportivo says their focus is on Martínez or Werner, who has been linked with Liverpool.
While Martinez may be their preference, Werner would cost just €60million compared to the €111m likely to be needed for the Argentina international.
Nuno to replace Cholo at Atlético?
- Another club likely to be busy during the close season are Manchester United. Reports in the UK suggest United are ready to offer Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish £150,000 per week – triple his current pay.
- Jonathan David's prolific season with Gent is leading to increasing interest. The Daily Express reports Chelsea are the latest club to join the race for David, who has 23 goals in 38 games this season. Liverpool, United, Tottenham and Leicester City are also reportedly interested in the 20-year-old Canada international.
- Nuno Espirito Santo's work at Wolves is catching the eye. The Sun reports Nuno is top of Atlético Madrid's list to replace Diego Simeone if the Argentinian takes over at Paris Saint-Germain.
- Heavily linked with a move to Milan last close season, Atlético Madrid attacker Ángel Correa remains a target for the Serie A club, according to CalcioMercato.
- Having impressed in Serie A, Chris Smalling could be set for a return to the Premier League. The Daily Express reports the defender, who is on loan at Roma from Manchester United, is a target for Tottenham, although the Serie A club are in advanced talks with the centre-back.
- With his contract expiring in 2021, Arkadiusz Milik's future at Napoli is uncertain. CalcioMercato reports the striker, who has 12 goals in 22 games this season, and the club are distant over a new deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother