PSG's Mbappé pre-selected for France's Tokyo Olympics squad
Paris Saint-Germain star and World Cup winner Kylian Mbappé, 21, is on the initial 80-man list for the Olympics.
Kylian Mbappé has been pre-selected for France ahead of the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo, French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet said.
Paris Saint-Germain star and World Cup winner Mbappé, 21, is on the initial 80-man list for the tournament, with men's teams restricted to under-23 players and a maximum of three overage players.
Football at the Tokyo Olympics will get underway on 23 July and finish on 8 August as defending champions Brazil eye another gold medal.
France Olympic list to be cut to 50, then 18 and four reserves
"Mbappé is on a pre-list of 80 players for the Olympic Games, produced by Sylvain Ripoll. That list will then become 50, before becoming 18 plus four reserves," Le Graet told reporters.
"He has the age to be able to go [U23]. Like all the young players of his age who are talented, he is therefore on the list… I met with [PSG president] Nasser [Al-Khelaifi]. I asked him how Mbappé was going. He said to me: 'Very good'. That's where we are.
"In general, club presidents feel that the dates [of the Olympic Games] are not particularly good. It is like that."
Mbappé has starred for Ligue 1 champions PSG this season, scoring 18 league goals and 27 across all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze