Barcelona advised to keep Camp Nou closed until the autumn
Oriol Mitjà, specialist in internal medicine and infectious diseases told RAC1 that it would be wise to maintain social distancing until the Covid-19 crisis is over.
Oriol Mitjà specialist in internal medicine and infectious diseases, gave his opinion on the coronavirus pandemic this afternoon to Catalan radio RAC1 - and his advice to FC Barcelona would be to keep Camp Nou closed to the public until the autumn at least to minimise the risk of mass infection.
Self-isolation, the only effective way of combatting Covid-19, says analyst
During an extensive interview which touched on many aspects of the coronavirus pandemic, Mijà, who works for Can Ruti Hospital in Badalona, Barcelona, underlined the importance of maintaining social distancing measures and believes that realistically, we should be looking at the medium term when we might be able to relax confinement measures - but only on the condition that social distancing measures are tapered gradually to avoid a second wave of Covid-19 infection.
When asked about public-attended sporting events and the dates which Europe's footballing federations and associations are studying for their respective leagues to resume, Mitjà stressed the importance of ensuring that there isn't a resurgence of the Covid-19 virus just when the number of infections in Spain is going down because "self isolation is the only effective way of controlling the virus, while there are no pharmaceutical products available to treat it".
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente