No room for Bale as AS readers pick their ideal XI for Eibar game
AS online readers cast their votes as to what the ideal starting XI coach Zinedine Zidane should employ as Real Madrid face Eibar in their LaLiga re-start.
Real Madrid's first game back after the Covid-19 enforced hiatus draws closer and 'Los Blancos' fans are anxious to see their side back in action after the three month pause. Testament to this is the 15,000 online votes received in less than 24 hours as online users offered their ideal starting line-up for the game against Eibar on Sunday evening with a 19:30 start (CEST).
No debate between the sticks
There is absolutely no debate when it comes to the goalkeeping position with Courtois the number one candidate with the Belgian on track to win the Zamora award for the season. The preferred rearguard features Carvajal (the most voted for player in the side) alongside Varane, Ramos and Mendy, with the French star ousting Brazilian Marcelo in the starting XI.
The centre of the park features Casemiro, Kroos and Modric with Fede Valverde with the Croatian veteran just ousting the newly fit Marco Asesnio with the Mallorcan player now recovered from his ACL injury.
The attacking duo sees the bulk of the votes selecting the also fit again Eden Hazard to play alongside Karim Benzema.
There is no room for Welsh international Gareth Bale in the side and indeed the Cardiff born striker ranks behind Vinicius in potential substitutes as Madrid get their season back underway against the struggling Basque side.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots