Chelsea and Leipzig reach agreement for Timo Werner
The German striker, who had been linked with a move to Liverpool, will join Chelsea in July after seeing out the remainder of the Bundesliga season with Leipzig.
Chelsea have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig to sign striker Timo Werner, who will join the English side in July, the Premier League club announced on Thursday.
Werner to see out the season with Leipzig
Werner, 24, will remain at Leipzig until the end of the Bundesliga season and his transfer to the English side is subject to passing a medical. "I'm delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club," Werner said in a statement. "I of course want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years. You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us."
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?