Iran issues arrest warrant for US President Donald Trump
United States President Donald Trump tops Iran’s list of US officials that are wanted for killing top general Soleimani back in January.
On Monday Iran issued an arrest warrant and asked Interpol to help them arrest President Donald Trump and other United States Officials for killing their top general Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad back in January. But Interpol said that they would not consider Iran’s request, meaning Trump faces no danger of arrest.
Trump on "foolish" Iran's enemy list
Iran believes that Trump and 35 US officials were involved in carrying out the drone strike that killed the top general on 3 January and they want to charge them with “murder and terrorism,” according to Tehran prosecutor Ali Alqasimehr.
Even though Interpol have stated that Trump and the others do not face any risk of a possible arrest, it highlights the tension between Iran and the United States as Trump unilaterally withdrew American from Tehran’s nuclear deal with world powers.
- Supreme Court rules Trump does not have complete immunity
- Joe Biden's plans for his 2020 presidential election rallies
- Trump rallies for the 2020 presidential elections
- Second stimulus check: why July 20 is a key date
- Second Stimulus Check: How could they affect student loans?
- When to contact IRS if stimulus payment has not arrived
After Interpol's response to Iran, the prosecutor said that they will continue to pursue his prosecution even after Trump’s presidency ends, which could come as soon as November depending on what happens in the US elections.
Alqasimehr was also quoted as saying that Iran had requested a “red notice” be put out for Trump and the others, which represents the highest-level arrest request issued by Interpol. The notice, however, cannot force countries to arrest or extradite suspects.
Brian Hook, the US special representative for Iran, dismissed the arrest warrant announcement during a news conference in Saudi Arabia on Monday. “It’s a propaganda stunt that no one takes seriously and makes the Iranians look foolish,” Hook said.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?